Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

It's been awhile!

I realize it has been awhile since I've blogged, so here is a llttle update! I have received 2 rounds of my new chemo drug and have 2 left to go. My plans are still to go back to Houston on May 23 and they will do all the tests again and see where we are. I will admit the news in Houston was not what I wanted to hear, but as I said before, it could have been a whole lot worse.

I haven't blogged in awhile because I did not know what to say. It always seemed so obvious before, and lately, it seems as though things have been quiet. I have loved reading some of the blogs about when I was little. Now I know where My kids get their little mischievious personalities. I thought it interesting the day I got one from McCrory FUMC (where we lived in the 70's), the K-love encouraging word for the day was Psalm 71:5; "For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD my confidence since my youth."

Growing up we moved around a lot, and I will admit for a young (mischievious) girl this was not easy. Just about the time you felt like you fit in, it was time to go. I did not understand at all why I was the one who always had to move. Looking back now, it was always the best thing for me. Opportunities I would never have had if I had stayed where God did not intend. It made me who I am today, and I think my cancer is doing the same thing. As horrible as it is. It is making me who God intends me to be today. I look back at that little girl in the 2nd pew and God knew then that I was gonna need more than one church family to pray me out of this and shape me into what he wants me to be. It is never easy but I think I'm gonna look back someday and realize it was the best thing for me, and was all somehow part of his perfect plan.

11 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 01:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Thank you so much for your blog and for your comments. Every time I read one of your blogs I'm blessed. I really needed this one today!!!

We've moved around a lot too. Joshua has been to six different schools in the past six years. I picked him up from school just yesterday and he looked sad when he got into the car. He said," Mom everyone is nice to me at school but I just don't feel like I fit in." He misses Ridgefield(his favorite school and his favorite friend-Oliver:) I gave Josh my cell phone and told him to call Oliver. It just made his day. I just love watching Josh talk on the phone to Oliver. I'm going to let Josh read your blog when he gets home from school today. Our moving around is all part of God's perfect plan. God is molding Josh right now to be the man he needs to be someday. WOW! Thank you Kim! Thank you Kim- for opening up your heart and for sharing it with us. Your life is a light. I Love you, Beverly

Psalm 71:5 (I'm going to have my boys learn this verse!)
For you have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord my confidence since my youth.

 
At 5/02/2006 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
I had the best dream about you early this morning. You and Mark were having a big party with lots of family and friends and lots and lots of kids in a big house with a big yard. It was a birthday party or something and the joy was tangible, and someone said something about having so much fun that he (or she) forgot about your illness. And then toward the end of the party, there was this magical moment when you were standing there and the cancer just rose out of your body like sparks (well, hard to explain) and just disappeared. And then I woke up.
So let's get this party started!
Love from Brooklyn,
Beth (Paul, James and Cullen)

 
At 5/02/2006 11:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Your post just made me cry... I love you and miss you all so very much. You are just such a beautiful person who has touched so many lives... even friends of mine who only met you once or twice still ask about you every week and pray for you regularly.

I'm moving back to Jonesboro for the summer- maybe once I'm back we can get together over coffee or something.

Know that you are being lifted up in prayer.

Courtney Childers

 
At 5/03/2006 01:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KIm: I know its been rough, but its so good here from you! You are a bright spot.
Your friends dream, about the cancer just rising up out of your body, I know its a sign, something good is happening to you right now and I thank God for it.
Love you
Shirley

 
At 5/05/2006 04:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim! I'm glad to hear from you and yours. I'm thinking about your wedding, specifically "You Are My Sunshine!" Yours is the only wedding where I've played that particular song, and I remember how perfectly fitting it was for you and Mark. The 5th graders continue to ask about you and to include you on their prayer list...don't you just love children's prayers. Having friends "all over the place" is a wonderful thing, and you're right: God does indeed know what He's doing..."for I know the plans I have for you..." Love you. Blanche

 
At 5/10/2006 08:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimmy,
I've been thinking about you alot lately girly. Your in my prayers daily. Can't wait to get together again and visit! Hopefully this summer! I love ya! Teresa

 
At 5/12/2006 12:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim, One of the gifts that you give to us is your ability to be honest about where God has you right now. Thank you for being willing to blog and keep us informed about each step of your treatment. THANK YOU for being really honest about your joys and fears. You are a breath of fresh air! I consider myself blessed to know you!
much love,
Caroline Cone

 
At 5/14/2006 10:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mothers Day. Paula Panneck

 
At 5/14/2006 10:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim!
Happy Mother's Day! Just thinking about you and when we were kids. All those mud pies, wearing each other's clothes and shoes, and crying to our parents to go to each other's house every Sunday. But now we're moms and enjoying all the funny things our children do. Hope you're having a very blessed Mother's Day!
Love you!
Charlotte Garner

 
At 5/15/2006 07:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness - the 23rd will be here just next week. I am thinking of you and your family, praying persistently. Love you dearly.
Blanche

 
At 7/15/2006 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Charley and I read your blog today that you wereback home and we were so glad to see that you are there. Know that we are praying for your next trip and things will go well for you.

Bill and Char

 

Post a Comment

<< Home