Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Romans 12:2

I'm still feeling good. I got my 4th treatment on Friday and I can tell my hair is starting to thin more, but Hey, I got so much hair I can afford to lose a little.

This has not happened in awhile so I thought I would share this "God thing" with ya! Last weekend Mark and I went to see my parents and on the way down I was reading a book given to me by a friend. In the cover of the book the author had signed her name and written Romans 12:2. "Be not conformed to this world; but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." I didn't think much about it until I'm sitting at the kitchen table at Mom and Dad's and The Daily Devotional Guide, 'The Upper Room.' is lying there. Well, I pick it up turn to that day's devotional and right before my very eyes. "Be not conformed to this world." Being the Bible scholar that I am I immediately asked my Dad what does renewing of your mind mean exactly and how in the world do you do that?! His response was this: "stay in the word!" The Bible is the map for your life. You would not set out on a road trip without your map, why do you think you can live your life without a guide. The next twist to the story. My Bible study this week was about God's word. The Bible is God breathed! This is how God speaks to us. How are we gonna know what he is saying if we are not taking the time to read it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home