Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm here

The day finally arrived and we are in Houston! I told Mark as I began to pack that it felt like '“The Great Escape'” party in college when you packed your suitcase and took it to the party with you in case you won the trip. The problem is you didn'’t know where the trip was going. I do know where I'’m going but I don'’t know what to take, how long I'll be there or what 70 degrees is really like. Is 70 degrees short sleeve and a jacket, or long sleeves. Can any one out there identify? O.K. I will stop rambling.

God is so good and this morning he proved it again. I always tell him he better write it on the side of a barn if he wants me to get what he is trying to tell me. No, I did not see something on the side of a barn, although I would not put it past God. But, when I heard the news that I was going to have to fight the cancer battle again, on one of my many trips to the storehouse, I picked up Stormie Omartian'’s book "The Power of The Praying Husband." This book has prayers that the husband prays each day for about a month for his wife. I could not wait to share with you the prayer that was to be read for me today. It was my protection! I am quoting the last paragraph of the prayer written by Stormie that was to be prayed today. "Our greatest effort can'’t keep us well forever. Even on the best teams, the quarterback still gets sacked. God knew this, and that's why He sent Jesus as our Healer. So ask for healing on behalf of your wife. And don'’t stop praying until you see an answer. We can't afford to give up too soon when it comes to our health." After each chapter she has a Prayer Power and in the Prayer Power, it says to pray that when she passes through deep waters, You will be with her, when she passes through the rivers, they will not overflow her. When she walks through the fire, she shall not be burned nor shall the flame scorch her (Isaiah43)

My devotional for today was out of the 'One Year book of devotions for women' by Jill Briscoe. The title for the Jan. 30 devotion was 'Going Around Jericho.' I can tell you that it is so possible to laugh and cry at the exact same time. Because I did! One particular sentence got hold of me. Until that great day when our particular Jericho falls, God grants us the perseverance and the endurance to go "once around Jericho" with our God and fellow travelers in the faith-believing that however high the walls, fortified the gates, or strong the enemy, it's only a matter of time. I think we all will agree God is revealing himself over and over again. He has led me to particular scriptures over and over again. What caught me in that sentence is the word believing. We have to believe. Not just say we believe, but heart, soul and mind believe that his plan is perfect. Believe that this cancer in me is part of his plan, Believe that he loves my children more that Mark and I do, Believe just like Abraham did, just like Daniel did, and Joshua. This is not new stuff, The only difference is it's cancer and not a lion or Goliath. It's every bit as scary. I pray every day and night 'God please help me believe.' I believe in God, that's easy. What's hard is believing 'is anything really too hard for God?' The answer is No!


Thank you God for giving me a man who will pray for me and that loves me 4 children later and bald.

6 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim-glad you made it to TX safely. We will continue to pray for you and Mark. Please let me know if I can help your family back here in any way-just call me! 974-1337 cell or 930-9786 home. I will be glad to run kids around, help your parents, cook, keep kids-whatever the need. love, Bridget

 
At 1/30/2006 11:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
I have a stack of scripture verses that I keep next to this computer. The title of the box is 'He Comforts Us' Matthew 11:28

The scripture that I grabbed to read tonight was Isaiah 43:2
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you...they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.

That was the same verse that I read in your blog tonight. God is so amazing!
He has worked a miracle in my heart. Just this week I was able to forgive someone who had hurt me deeply. I am now praying for the salvation of this person. Thank you Kim for your obedience to God. Hearts are being changed. I love you!
Beverly

 
At 1/30/2006 11:44:00 PM, Blogger Stratgirl said...

Hi Kim!
I’m so glad to hear you’re there! I know it’s been a long wait but praise God, the time has come. About the packing, yes, I can certainly identify. My solution is very simple. I pack some of everything and lots of it. Just ask Joe, he will verify... LOL.

I read with tears in my eyes at how incredible God’s timing is. It’s like He gave Stormie the words for the prayer for Jan 30, and the Power Prayer just for you!! And the devotional the “'Going Around Jericho” in the women’s devotion for Jan 30! My gosh, how incredible.

Kim, I thank God for Mark too. God has truly given you a precious treasure (and he in you!). How wonderfully blessed your children are for parents like you! As you go in tomorrow, know that many people are praying every day for you guys. We are praying for God to give you strength to walk around the walls one more time, faith to believe what God is asking you to, peace that passes understanding, joy in the Lord and in the day, wisdom and knowledge, divine protection as well as complete and total healing. We are praying for every doctor, nurse etc. connected to you in any way to have God given wisdom, knowledge and compassion concerning you. May they be kind, loving and tender with you as we would be. May God grant you favor in all things as He walks hand in hand with the two of you. We are praying for your children. That Christ Himself will be with them to protect and watch over them as you and Mark are away. For your families, that God’s grace will be sufficient as they too walk with you. For close friends, who share your hearts and join your walk. May they also be touched by the precious Holy Spirit, who alone is the Comforter.....

If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for all of us -- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? (Romans 8:31-32 NIV)

 
At 1/31/2006 07:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both constantly. I'm glad that God gave Mark to you but I'm also thrilled that He gave you to Mark. It works both ways, you know!

Please know that you and Mark are not going in to this alone this morning. You have God with you and a host of others who are in constant prayer for your healing, peace and strength as you fight this battle.

I hope you got your email yesterday. I called your house but your Mom said that you had already left. I sent it twice before I finally got a working email address.

Wishing I could be there to "sit" with Mark while they have you busy. Much love to both of you,

mmt

 
At 1/31/2006 09:08:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark and Kim,
Lou and I have been reading the book of Joshua for the past week. Didn't get a chance to read Monday morning - woke up later than usual. Am sure it is no surprise to either of you that this morning we read about the walls that came tumbling down!!!!! Am thinking that the difference in the Battle of Jericho and your battle is that everyone who loves you has been shouting from the very beginning!!!!! We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 1/31/2006 09:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim and Mark, Allan and I began praying for safe travel for you yesterday. Praise God you are there!
Got up this morning thinking about the time, was it Jackson who came into Presbyterian in his tighty whiteys looking for you? Couldn't remember which kid but do remember how wonderful your reaction! Joy and Delight! And that is what you are, you McNabbs! Joy and Delight. Feel our arms around you both this week as we pray you through it. My Oswald Chamber's book, "My Utmost for His Highest" says, Get into the habit of saying "Speak, Lord,"and life will become a romance. Every time circumstances press, say, "Speak, Lord;" make time to listen. As we listen, our ears get acute, and, like Jesus, we shall hear God all the time. Kim, I know you are listening and I know you hear Him. This morning God lead me to 1Thessalonians 5:24 "The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it."
Kim, if you want to email me from Houston my email is wendy.jones@mchsi.com

Love you much! Wendy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home