Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Monday, January 16, 2006

Waiting is the hardest part

O.K., the waiting is going to put me over the edge. I have to tell you yesterday was hard. Gray and cold outside and I found myself hearing things I did not want to hear. I spent so much time trying to heal myself that I did not find joy in the day. I tried to take the wheel again! (I love the song by Carrie Underwood," Jesus take the wheel") I went to bed mentally and physically exhausted because I tried to do something that, not matter how hard I try, I cannot do. I guess sometimes we have to live something before it becomes obvious what God is saying to us. Like, when he says "Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest," Matthew 11:28. Why is this so hard? It is so easy to say yes, 'I believe in God.' I know he died for my sins, was beaten up for me, crucified and died for me but, we say "I'm sorry Jesus, I just can't give this particular problem to you, I know what I need to do better than you do." We are so human, and God is so not. I realized the blog has in some way become my 'Diary' which some of you may not understand but, boy it is so theruputeic for me. Thanks Jonesboro. Don't loose joy in your day today, because you're worried about tomorrow. Be strong, take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14. I read this saying one time and I have always loved it: His help is always sure, His methods seldom guessed; Delay will make our pleasure pure; Surprise will give it zest. His widsom is sublime, His heart profoundly kind; God is never before his time, And never is behind. Take God to work, coffee, mowing the yard and find joy where you find yourself today. I'm gonna try to do better today! I love you guys. Thanks for listening.
Kim

6 Comments:

At 1/16/2006 10:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, keep your chin up. You and your family have been such a blessing in my life and I am praying for you constantly. Please keep in touch and let me know when you need me to come home, I will be there as quick as I can. Love in Christ, Gretchen

 
At 1/16/2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
You are so right! It is so difficult not to try and "take the wheel back from Jesus." I find myself trying to do that in many aspects of my life. It is ironic that you mentioned the song Jesus take the wheel in your blog today. That song was sung yesterday at FUMC by Carmen Teague and it was beautiful. God truly speaks to all of us all the time. Although you do not know me personally I am praying for you and asking God to heal you completely. I love Psalm 143:8 "Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning: for in thee do I trust; cause me to know thy way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee." Jonesboro is praying for you and we will fight this fight with you all the way!!!
Stacey Orr

 
At 1/16/2006 11:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, Wendy here. Okay I tried Friday night to send you a message. It was rather long but, heartfelt. It did not go through! I was so frustrated. Then I tried again yesterday morning. Also long and even more impassioned. Zip, nada, also lost. I thought okay Lord, I must not be saying what you want me to say or you want me to wait till the right time. So Miss Kim, here I go again. If this goes through we'll know again His timing is perfect!

I love you so much and want you to know I think of you, Mark and your family almost constantly! And like Miss Tricia, I too am addicted to your blog. Your awesome determination and faith have totally jerked a knot in my tail. I want to say thank you. I have been in a wilderness and have experienced a frightening seperation from God. Completely my doing...too busy to slow down to just listen and be still. But, now I am always in prayer, lead to scrpiture after scripture. My Joyce Meyer book tells us to "Go boldly before the throne and pray." I am doing that! Boldly and confidently I can tell you the Lord lead me to the following verse for you: " I will restore you to health Kim and heal your wounds." Jeremiah 30:17 And then; " I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness. I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt Kim. Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful." Jeremiah 31:4 Glory Hellelujah! Alright now, I am claiming that for you. I am boldly and confidently positive that this is His truth for you! As you were reading Psalm 27:14, I was reading Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; My God WILL hear me. You are such a blessing my friend! And your blogsite is an equal blessing. For me personally, what a warm and precious gift to be privy to all these fantastic entries from all these super and amazing people I use to get to see in Jonesboro. And can you just get over the fact that my sister and your sister in law were in the same beauty shop in Cape Girardeau! Kim, your army is large and growing. You have an arsenal of unbelievable strength. As you march into Houston, we are with you. We are before and behind you. We, armed with the Holy Spirit and what we know is true, are all around you! He is listening. He hears us! He has too! I bet at any given moment, somebody , somewhere is praying for Kim McNabb! It is apparent! And Kim, this blogsite and you, your honest and heartfelt comments, your love of the Lord, this is saving lives! You are so cool! I love you much, Wendy

 
At 1/16/2006 05:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
I am in tears as I continue to read your completely open heart and know that God is totally surrounding you. You are such a blessing to me and to all who know you. I am grateful that I had gotten to know you better a few months ago when things seemed to be good, heathwise. And to see you now, the same Kim who loves the Lord wholeheartedly NO MATTER WHAT and in all circumstances. That is living out the scriptures before us all.

I am praying for you and your precious family.
Duronda

 
At 1/17/2006 06:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
I just found out about your blog. I graduated 2 years after you and wanted to let you know that I remember your amazing sense of humor and zest! After reading your entries, I see you haven't changed:) You have beautiful children and are a strong and awesome person! Keep up the fight! But, you've already won in so many ways.
Debby Carr

 
At 1/17/2006 09:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Kim you are amazing. You inspire us all with your strength. I know that I have been lifted up and feel closer to God just reading your sight. You and your family are in my prayers every day. Stay strong.
God Bless You
Janice Fletcher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home