Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Keep marching

When I called my friend Donald with my news of the Cancer he told me I needed to start preparing myself mentally and physically for a fight. I loved the analogy then but, the more days and the more Doctors appointments that come and go it is becoming clear to me what he means. This morning I feel like I am going into a fight. I do not want to go because every time I go I feel like I get beat up. They say scary things they of course have to say, but none the less, things that you feel like your legs won't carry you across the room. I loved what one blogger said about being in Joshua's army. You know how scary the opposite army is and you know in reality they can win, but that is when you go back to the Bible and read With God all things are possible. God just asked them to show up and march, I wonder if they were scared too? However, they kept showing up and kept showing up and marching. I read some of your blogs from some of you that I know what your fight is, and some of you I don't know, but what I do know we all get the fight of our lives sometimes and really all we have to do is keep marching. I'm not naive to think that sometimes God says no, but sometimes he just wants us to trust him to keep marching.

5 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 08:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you stand and continue on you way, stop for a moment and realize that you are not standing alone. That is God's grace, enjoy how comforting it feels. It is a gift like no other. Today, rest in the knowledge that God is with you.
Love, mw

 
At 1/12/2006 08:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are marching in the army with you, Kim. You are not alone in this battle. We continue our prayers for you and your family. I love you, BIG!

 
At 1/12/2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Stratgirl said...

Precious Kim,
Our hearts ache with you and Mark having to even go through any of this. Please know that we are praying constantly………
As I read your blog this morning and the messages; the Jericho/war/battle analogy is so relevant. As I thought about the Jericho battle and your current fight, I couldn’t help but be drawn to the time in the Bible before they got to Jericho, when Moses was approaching the promised land, Canaan; a land flowing with milk and honey (the promises of God). As God instructed, Moses sent out 12 men to check out the land to see what kind of enemy they would have to “fight” to “possess the promise”. As you may remember, 10 men came back stating “The men of the land are powerful…. and of great size (we are as grasshoppers in their sight). We can’t attack them! Caleb and Joshua came back with a very different perspective. Yes, the cities were fortified with many powerful armies of men, even giants but they are no match for our God. “We will swallow them up” they said. Ten feared the men of the land were too great for them. Two knew that God was bigger and more powerful than anything they could encounter. Joshua and Caleb begged them to not be afraid and trust the Lord because He was with them. No matter what the doctors speak to you, remember that God is with you and that there is no “giant” bigger than God. I pray that that will be the filter by which you and Mark hear.
I have seen a number of battles in my life, many of which took me by surprise. When I found the “giants” getting too big and my faith in danger of being shaken (I’m being really honest here..) I always went back to the “beginning”, faith in God and who He is (not what He may or may not do). Just simple faith in who He is, always brought about a greater faith in what He would do. When we really who He is......we see that He is our healer, our protector, our provider. He is love, joy, peace and life ............
As you and Mark march on, know that we are right beside you in spirit, prayer and love.
JBS

 
At 1/12/2006 08:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kim & Mark! I want to let you know that we are thinking of you & praying for you every day. Your strength is amazing and inspirational. But always know that if you ever need someone to lean on, we're here to lend a shoulder. Keep fighting and stay positive, God is with you. Love ya,
Amanda (Brown) Gibbs

 
At 1/13/2006 08:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our Experiencing God class is praying for you!
Joshua 1:6-9

David R.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home