Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Monday, January 09, 2006

Look at this picture I found recently

Wow! I'm overwhelmed with all the wonderful words of encouragement and all the love and prayers that I can truly feel. I'm so blessed! The blog was intended to let you guys know how things are going and to kinda let you know if I needed anything. I quickly realized that when people are sharing straight from their heart that everyone who reads these blogs is receiving such a blessing. In my last round with cancer, call me crazy but I saw God reveal himself in so many different ways. There have been many times I thought O.K. God there you are again. Well, let me tell you he did it again today. I never cease to be amazed by his wonderous ways. Believe this or not but here goes.

I keep all my photographs in a little container down in the den, well over the Christmas Holidays the kids had gotten into the pictures and they of course were everywhere. I had asked the kids to pick them up and they had at least tried. When I came into the den this picture here of me and a couple of my buddies from a trip I took four years ago to New York City stood out. It was in front of the little church at the 9/11 Site. I immediately noticed the cross that appeared to be sitting on my shoulder. I thought how neat, and noticed the verse that is on the banner right behind me Isaiah 43:2. I quickly ran to my Bible and even showed my mom and read the verse to her. It reads like this...When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. You can see in the picture the part of the verse when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. It really did bring me comfort that day. Well, today I ran into the Storehouse to pick up something and turned around and Carol Cone was standing there ordering a book. As we were talking, there was this little ceramic loaf of bread with Bible verses in there. I bet there were maybe 50. I just reached down and randomly picked one. I nearly fainted. I read When thou walkest through the fire thou will not be burned. It was one of those moments when I thought O.K., God you are just letting me know your still there.

I had left my cell phone in the car and noticed when I got back, there was a voicemail from my sister-in-law. I immediately called her to tell her about the Bible verse that God had wanted me to hear today. She was silent I thought she didn't hear me. I bet you can guess what Bible verse she had just read this morning in her Bible: Isaiah 43:2. Take it for what it is but I don't really believe in coincidence but I do know that God is good all the time,and 4 years ago he knew I needed that verse for today.

I have an appointment with Dr. Laura Hutchins in Little Rock tomorrow at 12:30p.m. She has come highly recommended by both my Doctor here and in Fayetteville. I truly hope to know more after talking to her about what the next step is going to be.

I'm not sure now If they will be able to operate or if I'll just start the chemo. Pray for safety and wisdom for the doctors so we can have peace with the best treatment they see fit. Will let you know what I find out tomorrow. Kim

5 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 10:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimmus! If you did not somehow memorize the Isaiah 43:2-3 the first THREE times God gave it to you, then let me just tell you that Isaiah 43:2-3 was given to me this morning in my quiet/ study time. I found an old notecard in my bible this morning and it had some scriptures listed on it - no notes indicating what they referenced. I decided to read them. EVERY SINGLE VERSE WAS TALKING STRAIGHT TO ME! AND THE LAST VERSE LISTED WAS - DRUM ROLE PLEASE - ISAIAH 43! I AM SO GLAD GOD REPEATS HIMSELF JUST TO MAKE SURE WE ARE GETTING IT!!!!!! I JUST HAD ANOTHER ADRENALINE RUSH.

 
At 1/10/2006 10:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
June has been keeping me posted regarding your tests & treatment. I hope you can feel all the love and prayers surrounding your family. You all are so loved in this community. Even though I don't know you as well, my heart and prayers have also been with you. During this week of consultations and decisions, I pray for you and Mark to be wrapped in a healing blanket of peace and hope. I also pray for all those who will be providing your care and helping you make the best decisions about your care.
Many blessings,
Brenda Wiseman

 
At 1/10/2006 08:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim, You and your family have been in our prayers daily! We hope you feel all the love that is coming your way. We hope all the prayers from your many, many friends are giving you the strength and discernment to get through each appointment and decision you face. You are loved by SO many in this community and elsewhere! Thank you for sharing your story with us all!
May God Bless you and give you peace,
Anna

 
At 1/11/2006 09:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim,
It's amazing and overwhelming how God reveals Himself when we allow Him to...God is good, everyday. We're praying for your continued strength and wisdom in Fayetteville. Love you and Mark.
Amy

 
At 1/14/2006 06:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim: We love you dearly and be assured our prayers are with you and yours. God is in control and He will see you through with a complete victory!
Your mom finally told me about your web site...Its great.
Love you, Johnny and Shirley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home