Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Friday, January 20, 2006

He's Listening!!!

Well, he was listening to you today. My appointment has been scheduled for January 31st at 9:00 a.m. I'm so ready to get the ball rolling, or as the kids would say; let's get this party started! We'll have to be there until at least Saturday, maybe into next week, they say plan to stay 5 to 7 business days.

When I write something, most times I have felt very strongly about writing what God wants me to write. I'm not a journalist nor a preacher, although my kids would argue the latter lately. I just want all of us through this journey to become better, and challenge ourselves to do something (with God) that we never thought we could do. Lots of you have mentioned my Faith and inspirition. It's God carrying me every step of the way. It's interesting because when I feel my well start to run dry, he will reveal himself again and remind me he is God and I am not, and I fall in love all over again.

Several days ago my Dad was on the phone and had mentioned some scripture verses that he wanted me to read. I quickly jotted these down hoping to get to them after the kids had gone to bed. Well, that was about 3 days ago. Today in the pick up line I had just a few minutes before the kids were to get in and I called Dad to ask him what those verses were. He read them to me over the phone and was still reading as the kids were getting into the car. By the way, the bell rings at 3:05. The kids were busting to all talk so he told me to go home and read. As I walked in, I noticed a blog that had been sent while I was gone. It immediately caught my eye. "The Lord is the everlasting God. The creator of the ends of the Earth." To steal the words from my sister drumroll please...That was the exact Bible verse my Dad was reading to me over the phone around 3:05 and Karla's post of that same verse is at 3:08. NOW THAT IS GOD! I get so excited, He knew I needed to hear him today. God is so good.

I called my Dad and told him he better sit down for this one. I told him this story and and we both just couldn't believe the timing. I hung up and walked outside to talk with a friend, and told her the same story. As I'm walking in, my phone started ringing. Its my Dad. I answer the phone. On the other end I hear "You're the one that needs to sit down this time." He had cleaned out a bookshelf today, and after talking with me, had gone to put the books back on the shelf. He put several away and noticed one with a bookmark in it. He opens it up looks down and what do you think he sees..."The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but thoes who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

I could not make something this good up. God is the best high you can get. Please let him put you on one.

12 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 09:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Your stories never cease to amaze me! I can just hear the excitement in your "voice" as if you were here visiting with me. I sure wish you were, I've missed you and Mark this week since you went back to Jonesboro.

I'm really glad that you have your appointment scheduled and will talk to you soon.

Love you all very much,
Marilyn

 
At 1/21/2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim, It is so good to hear you have your date in Houston. I know the waiting is hard...... I am so amazed at how God is carrying you every step of the way and making himself known and seen in the most wonderful way. You may not be a preacher, but trust me sweet Kim, your message and impact to all who know you is better than any "preaching" around. Don't be mistaken, you ARE changing lives, and the great thing is, you're doing it just by being you! Remember our Freshman days in Fatetteville? Fulbright, sitting in your dorm room floor,
solving all the worlds problems? THOSE WERE THE DAYS! Only God knew what was in store, and you are doing just what he intended - Sharing his love, and displaying true courage and faith in him.
Keep up the good work Kim. We all love you!! Jill Rainwater

 
At 1/21/2006 02:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

Sometimes at our house we say, "Go, God!" He is so awesome as Creator and Sustainer of everything yet He knows when we need to be reminded of His intimacy in our lives. He is so sweet to do that, huh? We are praying for wisdom for the doctors even above their own understanding and for God to continue to remind you that even though He hung the stars, He remembers your name. Love you!

Stacey Johnson

 
At 1/21/2006 02:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
So GLAD you have your appointment set. God is certainly revealing Himself in special ways. When we stay focused on The Word, God speaks through it so clearly. Keep focused dear Kim - the Word of the Lord stands forever. God is good.
Margaret

 
At 1/22/2006 01:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

You are so right. God is the best high you can have. I experienced this in the past year. Our family went through a BIG trial.I read God's word all the time. I took my Bible to bed with me. I cried on the pages. I always ended every night with a Psalm. I just love David's heart. I have one for you that goes along with your Friday news.
Psalm 28:6-8
Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry
for mercy. The Lord is
my strength and myshield;
My heart trusts in Him,
and I am helped. My
heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks
to Him in song. the
Lord is the strength of
his people, a fortress of
salvation for His
anointed one.

I have been reading the Bible with my boys at night. They know that our family has gone through a trial. They have hurt with us. I want them to know God's word and to know to turn to Him in times of trouble. We read 1 John toether last week in one night. They got so excited when we got to the 5th chapter. Let's read it:

1John 5:14-15
This is the confidencece we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--Whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of him.

That is rock solid faith!!!! My boys got it They Said, "That verse is not talking about asking for a skateboard. It's talking about asking God to keep our family together." Out of mouths of babes.

Kim this is you!!You have this confidence in approaching God. You are asking according to his will. He hears your prays. The last part is so good!!!! We know that we have what we asked of him. I prayed this and believed!! But I had to wait and wait and wait. I wanted God to answer my prayer alot faster. Some days were so hard and I wanted to give up. but I just kept running that race.

Kim, thank you for sharing your heart with us. You are so precious to all uf us and to God. You are AWSOME! I love you!
Beverly

 
At 1/22/2006 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
My 5-th grade teacher is Mrs.Blanche West and she told me about you and just wanted to say that I'll keep you in my prayers.

Wish you luck!

 
At 1/22/2006 04:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kim!! Once again you make me laugh and then you make me cry...but in amazement. Whoever doesn't believe in God needs to read your blog. I am so amazed by His power!! and I believe!!!!!
I'll check on you by phone soon to see if I can help. You're in my prayers!! Christi C.

 
At 1/23/2006 12:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
Rick and I are reading The Daily Bible. It is a bible that you read in one year. I wanted to bless you with January 22's reading.

Matthew 14:22-36
Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary.
Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying,"It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear.
But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid."
And Peter answered Him and said,"Lord if it is you, command me to come to You on the water."
So He said,"Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he crid out, saying,"Lord, save me!"
And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him,"O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the son of God."
When they had crossed over, they came to the land of Gennesaret. And when the men of that place recognized Him, they sent out into all that surrounding region, brought to Him all who were sick, and begged Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment. And as many as touched it were made perfecly well.

I believe you will be healed!!!! I love you and your family so much!!!
When you come this way to Texas, bring those sweet kids of yours. My mom said that she would help me watch them. I would also love to make the trip to Houston to see you. My Mother-n-Law lives there! We will do anything for you!!!!I love your faith. You have made my faith grow just watching you. I'm so glad that God put you into my life. You always tell me,"God's plan is perfect." I believe!! I love you!!
Beverly
P.s. I pray for you day and night!

 
At 1/23/2006 09:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

When I worked on last weeks Bible study, I can't tell you how many times I wrote your name in the column. So much of what I read made me think of you. The subject matter was Joseph... first sold by his brothers then "round two" as Beth called it... being put in prison for something he didn't do. The theme was about being beaten down by life and how round two sometimes seems more than we can bear. Then we were asked to count the number of times "The Lord" was mentioned in Genesis 39. "The Lord was with him" is repeated over and over. The underlying lesson: God is with us ALWAYS but never closer to us than in the low points of our life.

When I read your previous entry on "waiting and humor" another part of last weeks lession came to mind. Joseph had waited in prison a looong time and Beth mused that "God is never late, but he sure misses a few good opportunities to be early". Waiting is difficult!! So glad to hear your date is set. Round two.. and GOD IS WITH YOU!!!

Jody

 
At 1/23/2006 01:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi's friend, Brandon, again. It is truly amazing how God is working through the people around you! For those of us who are in church every Sunday and Wednesday, this is a much needed shot in the arm. He works everywhere! I send you my prayers.

Brandon

 
At 1/24/2006 08:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim
God is building my faith daily through your journal. You know God says when two or more are gathered together to pray that He hears our prayers!! You(and the rest of us)will never know how many are praying for you!!!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
love cb

 
At 1/25/2006 03:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim- I am so sorry I missed Bible Study this morning because I wanted to be there and see you. I heard it was a wonderful morning. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you now and next week as you go to Houston.
Barbara Rankin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home