Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Saturday, March 03, 2007

26.2

Psalms 26.2 says "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind."

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to walk the 26.2 mile Little Rock Marathon. Our team, and printed on our shirts, is named Isaiah 40:31. "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." You might remember that more than a year ago, I had decided I wanted to do something that I never imagined in my life that I would do--and that was to run a marathon. I may not be capable of running one, but it doesn't mean I can't walk one.

It's not about crossing the finish line, which I may, or may not accomplish. It's about the journey and being with the ones you love. Its not about finishing by a certain time, but about being solely in God's time. The only way I fail at this is not trying.

And no, Blair is not making me do this. I'm making me do this. I'm doing it because I can. Even youths will grow tired and weary, they will walk and not be faint. One of the first things Oliver said to me when we told him my news was "I guess you're not going to run a marathon now." I don't ever want my children to think that just because circumstances might not be completely right for doing something, it shouldn't give them an excuse to not even try.

We all must rely on a source higher than ourselves for our strength in this race of life. We were all made with a certain number of days on this earth. Matthew 6:25 "and who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" I want to walk in God's time. The safest place to be is at the feet of Jesus Christ, walking in his footsteps, and relying on him for all our strength.

9 Comments:

At 3/03/2007 11:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, wherever the eagle lands! Thank you for being my friend.

:)

me

 
At 3/04/2007 09:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! You go marathon girl. You are so right about not letting our circumstances stop us from doing what we want to do. You always ememplify an awesome "can and will" attitude and I am positive your children see that quality in you too! My best friend from Fayetteville ran her first 1/2 marathon in Little Rock this morning. She said it was awesome! I hope you had a great time. There sure were some amazing women in the Rock this morning! Who knows maybe I will start training and run the next one with you. You are constantly in my prayers! Big Hugs- Stacey Orr

 
At 3/04/2007 09:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! You go marathon girl. You are so right about not letting our circumstances stop us from doing what we want to do. You always ememplify an awesome "can and will" attitude and I am positive your children see that quality in you too! My best friend from Fayetteville ran her first 1/2 marathon in Little Rock this morning. She said it was awesome! I hope you had a great time. There sure were some amazing women in the Rock this morning! Who knows maybe I will start training and run the next one with you. You are constantly in my prayers! Big Hugs- Stacey Orr

 
At 3/04/2007 09:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,
I ran into Karen yesterday at the runners expo, I was hoping I would see you today. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Shaun

 
At 3/05/2007 12:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, your strength is amazing. I think about you and your struggle all the time, but I always imagine you well and smiling. I hope you had a great experience yesterday and that your walk was healing and inspiring.

 
At 3/05/2007 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!! Your team chose the perfect name as well as the perfect scripture and managed to give God glory by wearing His Word. Continue to "speak the word." Just look at all the things that happened simply because God - or Jesus - spoke. I have been "speaking the word" for you quite often - speak it for yourself, too. Love you, Blanche

 
At 3/06/2007 03:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim- You truly are an inspiration- a mighty and courageous woman of God. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Keep up the good fight! I'll be watching for further updates. Love, Debbie Truby

 
At 3/07/2007 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, so proud of all of you for accomplishing the goal! You are amazing, and HE is AMAZING. Keep wearing that big ole honking medal I'm hearing about! Ellen Pollock

 
At 3/29/2007 10:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

What an awesome woman you are! I know God just smiles when he looks at how you are literally walking/running in His ways! May you feel His grace and strength as you continue your daily race! I am praying for you, Mark, and the kids. Here's a verse for you:For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37. Believe in it!
In Christ,
Kathryn Keasler Cloutier

 

Post a Comment

<< Home