Kim's Prayer

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." --2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

So happy to report I'm Home!

I cannot even begin to tell you what it is like being home with my family after all was said and done the last 7 weeks. I could literally do a jig. However there was no time to jig because I came home on Friday late and Mark had to be out of town the following Monday on business. This past Thursday the 3 boys had to be 3 different places all at 5:30. I picked out the nicest looking person I could find and told them "Lehman is mine, I'll be back to get him!" I then took another child across town to Flag Football practice. The thought occurred to me that by the time Mary Claire is his age, I will be telling her to just walk home--you'll be fine.

I knew I had to blog and let you know how I was doing. Which I'm happy to report I'm feeling great. I have not felt this well in a long time. Praise the Lord! I do not have to go back to Houston until October 24. They will do some blood work and they say from this blood work they will be able to recognize if something is going on in my body that should not be. I'm claiming complete healing.

While in Houston I kept thinking this would be the last blog. I would tell you how God had healed me and that would be the end of it. I figured what more would there be to say.

Well, as we all know, Our God is an awesome God, and I can't wait to tell you how he ushered me out of Houston.

One night before I even knew I would have to be in Houston for radiation, I had a dream. It was a dream of a beautiful sunrise or sunset--at the time I did not know which. All I knew was it was so beautiful with the most vibrant and rich colors of orange, blue and black. Right before I woke up, it was like I was looking at a picture of me and my family with the sunrise or sunset in the background. My family looked exactly as we look now. While in Houston, I had to do some physical therapy. On the last day of therapy I noticed a postcard of the most beautiful sunrise in the background. I kept thinking that looks like the sunrise in my dream. As I was leaving I walked over to look closer and written underneath was written: 'My God turns my darkness into light.' Psalm 18. I didn't think much about it at first, but on the walk home I thought "God, is this what you're telling me? Have you once again spoken and I'm not realizing it?" When I got home and read Psalm 18, I could not believe how it spoke to me. I clung to this for the following few weeks. (It's a long one, so you'll need to read it.)

Well, the big day finally came. I get to go home. In seven weeks I had collected so much stuff I could not get it all on an airplane. Needless to say my sweet parents drove to Houston to pick me up. (After Mark drove the trip with the kids he said he would never do that again, and so far, has stayed true to his word!) As we were driving away with Houston in the rearview mirror, my dad's devotional books were in the seat back pocket in front of me. I sat there for a minute thinking "I wonder what today's devotional is?" Almost afraid to read something--afraid of what it might say. As I picked up The Upper Room, a daily devotional guide, there it was, September 15, 2006, Friday. Not only was the daily scripture for the day Psalm 18:28 "You O Lord keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." The daily scripture is always accompanied with a suggested reading. The reading was Isaiah 43:1-7. Which you will recall was the verse he gave me in the very beginning of my blog adventure-- "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze."

I nearly fell out of the car and I think I scared my dad to death with my Praising the Lord in the back seat of his Mazda. I will say it again and again, our God is so good.

I am not smart enough to make this up. He knows what we need so much more than we do. So back to the thought this will be my last blog--probably not. I will not post everyday and I'm not going to say every week. I want the life God has for me, not one I create for myself. With that being said, what I do know about our God is this--if I'm living the one he is giving me, it will not be boring. So, as my friend Blair always says "if God has given me something, it is not mine to keep, but God's to give away."

I'm claiming my dream as a sunrise. A beginning to a new day and a new beginning to a life full of blessing that only he can give away.

11 Comments:

At 9/30/2006 08:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim,

It's been awhile since I've checked your blog, but I knew you were home since I caught a glimpse of you last Saturday night. What a testimony that you and Mark made time to be there! I love how God has given you a full circle with Isiah 43:1-7! It shows his faithfulness to be with us in all of our journeys from beginning to end. PRAISE GOD for his protection of you!
De Colores,
Lisa Lawrence

 
At 10/02/2006 05:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious Kim!!

I called Mary Friday to check on you & the family. I have checked your blog every day & was starting to get a little concerned. I am so happy for you & so happy you are home where you can continue to do God's work. I told Mary that God is using you to bring more lambs into His fold & to lift up those of us on a daily basis. You have and continue to make a difference in so many lives, you will never know how many you have touched with your blogs. Mary also told me that her CA125 is under 10-- go Mary!!! You Greens are my special gift from God & I will always thank Him for bringing you into my life. Please continue to blog when you get time (what's that you ask). You are our living proof that God does answer all prayers, that He will never leave us & will hold us in the palm of His hand.

Love to you & the family,
Gloria Pruitt
Beebe

 
At 10/03/2006 10:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again you have moved me to tears and once again I am amazed by our awesome God. Although I am not quite sure why I am amazed He is faithful and true beyond anything we can imagine. Thank you for letting me follow your journey you have inspired me more than you will ever know.

Please keep blogging it is certainly a gift that you have been given and a ministry that has many members.

Together in Praise
Dee Warren

 
At 10/05/2006 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, let the people rejoice... I'm singing at the top of my lungs & cyring tears of joy at the same time...sounds kinda funny, too. But, I am praising Him. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your progress and for sharing your heart with us all. I love you and your family. Blanche

 
At 10/12/2006 03:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim: It is so good to hear and feel your joy, which has also become mine. Thank God for His miraculous ways. I am so happy and thankful.
Keep on smiling that beautiful mischievous and infectious smile!!!
Love to all,
Shirley
Johnny says hey too.

 
At 10/21/2006 04:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the most difficult things to do in this world is to just "let go." We think that we have to be the one who makes all the decisions, and often the right choice is not so crystal clear. Prayer is always the answer. As we put our faith in God and trust Him to show us the way (Matthew 6:33), we experience what it means to "let go" and "let GOD."
Praying4U
Love ya much. bd

 
At 10/29/2006 06:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim
Your mom and dad are here this beautiful, cool morning. They are still asleep and its almost 7 a.m. Its a wonderful celebration. They are so thankful for your recovery. Vic sent you a message, but I think somehow it got sent on another of your enteries, so its somewehere in here. They were happy when I told them how we are all blessed by your testimonies and I think we all receive a healing of sorts too.
God bless, Shirley

 
At 10/29/2006 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim. I had a nice phone visit with your dad this evening since I missed him & your mom this weekend. I just know that you are noticing how extraordinarily bright the fall colors are this Sabbath day...the colors match my excitement and praise to the Lord with word of your good news. Thank you, Lord. Love, Blanche

 
At 10/29/2006 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it is going so well for you.
I'm still curious though,why I never read the Name of Jesus here in any of these comments.
God wants us to give His son the glory too.

 
At 2/01/2007 07:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Is Real

I saw these words written on a sign at a local church. It said, "Hope Is Real." I thought about it and (needless to say) agreed with the statement. But as I pondered the simple little phrase, I realized that for many people hope is not real. I believe that is one of the most important gifts we can give to another person, the gift of hope.
“The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10: 10 KJV

One definition for hope is: To look forward to with confidence or expectation. We must bring the Word of God with all its hope to someone who is desperate. When we bring hope, we bring life. It is life changing to finally believe again. It is more than just asking God for something we so badly need; we must expect our miracle. Somewhere in the midst of asking, believing, and expecting God to answer, we will find what we are looking for.
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13 NIV

With God's help, we can make it. I want you to know that whatever situation you find yourself in at this moment, there is hope. You may not be able to see or feel the hope, but it is there for you. How do we find the hope? There is only one place where hope can be found, and that is in Jesus Christ.
I did a word search in the Bible for the word 'hope' and found many wonderful passages. They were mostly in Psalms and Proverbs of course. David found himself in situations many times and had to remind himself that Hope is Real. It comes from God. Here are a few of David's prayers to God:
Psalm 39: 7 NIV "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you."
Psalm 42: 11 NIV "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."
Psalm 25: 4,5 NLT "Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you."
Psalm 25: 3 NIV "No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,"
Psalm 33: 18 NIV "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,"
Psalm 119: 49 NLT "Remember your promise to me, for it is my only hope."
Trust God. He wants you to trust Him. You need to agree with God about your situation. What does God say about who you are and what His will is for your life? Don't go by your feelings. Instead we should remind ourselves that God only has plans for us that are good. Jeremiah helps us remember what God has to say about us. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29: 11 NLT
We do not need to be disappointed and feel alone. We can have hope! God's love in our hearts will ignite the flames of hope we have buried deep inside our hearts. God's Word can encourage us as we read it with great anticipation and faith. Paul writes in Romans these words of encouragement:
Romans 5: 5 NIV "And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
Romans 15: 4 NIV "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

Here are a few key scriptures that help us to understand what we need to do. Words like "be strong, take courage, wait, reverently and worshipfully fear God, tarry for the hope, wait patiently for it, and be joyful in hope. They are all action words we need to work on. Read these scriptures out loud during your devotional times. Watch how hope will come alive in your heart as you speak the Word of God over yourself and your situation.
Psalm 31:24 AMP "Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for and hope for and expect the Lord!"
Psalm 119: 74 AMP "Those who reverently and worshipfully fear You will see me and be glad, because I have hoped in Your word and tarried for it."
Isaiah 40: 31NLT "But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
Romans 8:24b, 25 NIV " But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."
Romans 12: 12 NIV "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

I don't want this to be just another blog. I want it to bring life to you. Pray out loud the words of hope into your life and your situations. I have hope! My hope is in the Lord! I will be strong and wait on the Lord. I trust God will heal you completely. Speak these words every day. Hope Is Real. It comes from God! He has placed it in your heart. Speak it out and watch what God will do for you.
Romans 15: 13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

 
At 2/02/2007 04:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God makes miracles happen, not doctors. Hope IS real. Keep your faith and your hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home